Search This Blog

Saturday 31 March 2012

A sticky business!

Whilst on the phone, quite by accident I found myself leaning on the gate admiring the drought-ridden garden when I looked down. I was surprised to see, what I think is, the only sighting of its kind.

Myddelton House Gardens boasts a wide range of host plants upon which mistletoe (Viscum album) grows from common apple trees, lime trees, Horse Chestnut trees, winter-flowering Quince and even Broom. However this latest find must surely trump all others.

Mr Bowles was very good at getting Mistletoe to grow on trees. Due to the large quantity of Mistletoe in the garden these days the birds continue the work that he started.

Mistletoe, having been deposited by a bird, trying to grow upon
a pressure-treated gate post




      

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! better that it grows there than on an oak. Well, spotted.

    ReplyDelete